huzhdszfg sfd asd wrafdga
In this article, I will show you what to do once you install Ubuntu/Debian GNU Linux on Proxmox VE or KVM/QEMU virtual machine when SPICE(QXL) graphic card is used.
Installing Required Tools
Once you install Ubuntu/Debian Linux on a Proxmox VE or KVM/QEMU virtual machine (using SPICE(QXL) graphic card), you should install xserver-xorg-video-qxl, spice-vdagent, and qemu-guest-agent packages on the Ubuntu/Debian virtual machine (VM). All of these packages are available in the official package repository of Ubuntu/Debian.
You can easily install these packages with the following command:
sudo apt install -y xserver-xorg-video-qxl spice-vdagent qemu-guest-agent
Here, xserver-xorg-video-qxl package provides the necessary drivers for QXL video card.
spice-vdagent package allows you to,
– Automatically grab and release the mouse in the guest.
– Automatic adjustment of the X-session resolution to the client resolution.
– Copy and paste (text and images) between the active X-session
and the client
qemu-guest-agent package provides a daemon(agent) to run inside the virtualized Ubuntu/Debian system. It communicates with the host using a virtio-serial channel org.qemu.guest_agent.0.
It also allows you to do some functions from the host to the Ubuntu/Debian virtual machine.
– querying and setting the guest system time
– performing a guest filesystem sync operation
– initiating guest shutdown or suspend to ram
– accessing guest files
– freezing/thawing guest filesystem operations
Thanks for reading this article.